In today’s episode, I chat with Jenny Suneson of Savvy Podcast Agency all about the ins and outs of podcasting. We dive deep into podcasting, social media, and what it’s like to run a business in today’s online space.
Hit play and listen to this jam-packed episode.
In This Episode:
- How Jenny transitioned from social media manager to podcast manager
- Why the podcasting community is much more receptive to collaborations and swaps than the social media community
- What you need to have in place to start your own podcast
- Why having a podcast niche is beneficial
- Why it’s so important to be organized as a podcaster
- The importance of consistency with your podcast
- How many episodes you should be publishing a week
- Why promotion of your episodes is a huge component of podcasting
- What equipment you absolutely need to start your podcast
- Why it’s key to focus on those tasks that are in your zone of genius
- Why it’s important to have a financial buffer when quitting your job
- How to find clients for your business when you’re first starting out
- How to deal with inconsistency in finances as a business owner
- Dealing with toxic friendships in business and how to combat them
Jenny is a podcast launch strategist + manager that helps female entrepreneurs launch + grow their podcasts and start generating leads on autopilot. She also hosts Savvy Podcasting for Entrepreneurs which strives to help passionate women start their podcasts and build an audience of raving fans. When she’s not working on her business or recording podcast episodes, she’s hanging out with her hubby and two goldendoodle pups.